Sunday, March 25, 2012

Space Plants

Moving right along and propelled by the high of yesterday, I didn't waste anytime today: I got up, ate a quick breakfast, and assembled all the containers that I had collected to use as pots so that I could prepare them for potting.


Let's be real here: the preparation wasn't all that labor intensive. I stripped the containers of their labels and washed them out. Here's the after-shot:


I know I had said I planned on painting the containers, but seeing them lined up together with alternating sizes and the texture that was concealed by the label, I think I actually might like them as is, even though the metallic sheen conjures images of a futuristic era. If I do decide to slap some color on there, I'll only paint the two smaller containers that have a smoother texture. Coincidentally, I have some time to mull this over because I will be using one of the bigger pots to transplant the mint in, and obviously, I don't have any seedlings yet of my own that are in need of immediate transplant. Funny how it all works out.

I also harvested some leaves from the mint plant I bought yesterday...


And then used them to pep up a glass of iced green tea.



No mojito for sure, but refreshing nonetheless. Good day!

1 comment:

  1. i tried to comment on your post yesterday, but I got an error message. i'm so happy you found your mojo to start planting! mojo to make a mojito, i should say! :) ps tell me more about that food conference, sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete