Monday, March 26, 2012

Planting Confidence

I didn't meet my goal of getting everything this weekend, but Monday isn't too far off. Behold the goods:


And no procrastinating: When I got home from purchasing everything, I got right to work planting. Seriously, I didn't do anything else besides maybe get a glass of water. First I opened up the seed packages to examine what each of the different seeds looked like.


It's hard to really see the details of the differences in the picture, but you can see differences in size, color, and shape. The seeds on the top are basil, middle are chives, and bottom are parsley. As with the mint, I wasn't able to get the exact species of parsley that I had initially chosen. But no worries. After the examination, the action began:


And basically lots of what the above picture looks like (except I ended up ditching the gloves)--over and over--until... voila!


Seeds planted, just like that! It took all of maybe 15 minutes. Finishing touches included a nice incubating plastic wrap cover.


And now they are ready to chill on the sill and soak up lots of sun.


If all goes well, and I did this right, they should be popping up within 7 - 14 days. I can't wait! I'm so glad I followed through with this, and I already feel a sense of accomplishment. Thanks to all who have been checking out the blog and even asking about the project in person. The support has really helped me to stay on track when I started to waver a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment