Sunday, July 15, 2012

CSA Sunday

The CSA bounty is amazing! Collard greens, new potatoes, summer squash, cucumber, Anaheim peppers, and Dragon Tongue beans. Plenty of variety and a very generous amount for a small share. Looking at this fresh, edible, vivid rainbow in my bag, I couldn't help but feel cheerful and energized (or maybe I was just feeling the effects of the coffee that I downed on a relatively empty stomach. ;) ).

I already ate almost half of the cucumber as a side with my sandwich this afternoon, and plan on making a potato salad with the potatoes. Once I finish up a quinoa salad that's serving as my dinner, I plan on experimenting with the collard greens, squash, and Dragon Tongue beans. I'm thinking I might just toss them all together in a pan and sautee them with garlic, olive oil, and the oregano as a side dish to to go with some poached chicken breasts or try my hand at making some pan-fried chicken under the guidance of this recipe, and thus incorporating the oregano this way rather than in with the veggies. Not quite sure what I'll do with the Anaheim peppers, but I'm sure I can find some recipe to try.

Short and sweet post today. I was just so excited about this first CSA share that I had to... well... share! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment