Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pacifying Impatience

I'm starting to feel that subtle, gummy gnawing of impatience. I feel like I need to be doing something other than reading, something to keep the momentum going. I did make a list of materials that I will need to procure to start potting once the seedlings are ready:

1. Potting Shovel
2. Liquid Fertilizer (that uses calcium nitrate)
3. Soil

Is that really all I need? I already have the pots, and I currently use an empty Jim Beam bottle to water my other houseplants, so I'll be sticking with that.

As practice for the work to come, I think I might re-pot my houseplants. I've had a couple of them for 2 years or so now, so if I muff it up, it won't be a huge loss. It will be a good opportunity to get my hands dirty and perhaps nail down a process for potting indoors. Of course, once the weather gets nicer, I will probably do any soil work outside on the front "lawn." But it will still be good to have some sense of a plan of action if I need to or feel like doing potting inside (code for if I'm feeling too lazy to lug everything up and down 4 flights of stairs).

That's it for today's post. I do want to talk about soil composition and nutrients, but I'm feeling brain-dead today; I'll tackle that post over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment