Saturday, January 21, 2012

Preparatory Work

The first task I have to complete before I even set out to purchase all the necessary supplies for growing my herbs is prepare the space that will serve as the herbs' growing space and home. As mentioned previously, I have the perfect space in my apartment: huge windows with an ample and roomy sill.

The Windows
You may notice from this picture that the sill is rather cluttered at the moment. Empty growlers, wine bottles, incense ash, a mini-shrine of Shiva, a layer of dust, and other miscellany riddle the sill unabashedly. How dare they!

Clutter, Up-Close and Personal
I have been growing disgusted with this clutter anyway, so the herb-growing project will give me good purpose to finally get it under control. It's not too unwieldy though: I think it will be a fairly manageable task. In fact, I think I will get to it right now.  As you can probably see from the pictures, it is a snowy, cold day in the Burgh, that kind of day that is perfect for taking care of menial tasks. Plus, once this is out of the way, I will be able to get to the good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment